Siemens MM440

Benton

We have a mm440 drive that is not starting remotely in automatic. We can control the locally when in hand mode with 0-10v potentiometer. When we put the drive in auto the control room can start and stop it but cannot control the speed. Any suggestions?

I guess it is controlled remotely via Profibus ?
I suggest you get the STARTER software on a laptop and go online with the drive. You need a serial port and a serial adapter on the drive, I think it is called "PC connection kit" or something like that.
You can also go online on the drive via Profibus, but if you knew how to do that I guess you wouldnt ask on the forum.
You can also in theory just check parameters with the BOP panel if you know what to look for.
Going online with STARTER will give you a view of the setpoint channel. And you can see where it goes wrong.

Definitely get STARTER. It is free and the PC connection kit is inexpensive.
STARTER will show you a graphical flow sheet of the setpoint channel.
You can backup the settings to view offline, and to restore if they have become messed up.

And as there are 1000s of parameters it is a pain to go through them one by one with the little BOP.