Siemens S5 CPU 943 Fault - Urgent :)

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi (And here we go again!)

I have to look at an S5 tomorrow that has the red lights up on it (presumably faulting) once or twice a day. When the unit has the program re-loaded from Eprom then it runs fine again for about a day.

I dont know what/which lights are up in red as the customer couldnt tell me as he didnt remember!

My question is as i am not at all familiar with the step 5 software and the cpu is can i look to see what has faulted the processor ? If so how and where (ie in the Step5 Software). If the faults cleared then and not remembered anywhere then will i be able to look at some sort of fault code when it happens again ?

Edit: I am presuming the cpu is faulting through software, apparently it has been doing this for years (25 year old machine) but it only happened once a year or so and the customer does not know why. The fact it loads from eprom and then runs ok again suggests this to me but i am not familiar with S5's or Step5!

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

Here is the ISTACK part of the manual, this will give you the information about the errors...its for a S5-115U CPU 941-943 I think

If you need the complete manual PM me your email and I will send it

Mark