SIEMENS S7-1200 PLC TRAINER KIT Design

Usama_maqsod

Dear all members i want to share my problem with you for getting the right solution as this is the best place to do so.
I want to design Siemens trainers controlling the to and fro motion of Conveyor belt.
Now the Client wants me to design the kit in box shape.please recommend me the size of box and plate on which (siemens S7-1200,2 AI/O cards,7inch HMI,10 indication lights,14 toggle buttons,potentiometers and an indicator) will be mounted.
I know that proper dimensions of each item is required for final deciosion but I just want a rough idea so please comments.............

As well as if any other design or suggestion in any innovative mind then please also share it

Thank You
:rolleyes:

I'm assuming you don't already have the motors and PLC hardware?

The way I would do it would be to order all the PLC stuff, buttons and so on first including some DIN rails and then from there decide the size of the enclosure.

The other way is make an account at Siemens and to download CAD drawings from their website.

I can get you some rough dimensions this afternoon if you want or send you the cad drawings of a 1200 series, 2 ai cards and a HMI. I have the 3d assembled in Creo (pro engineer) format. I used a separate case for the HMI though.

The biggest components for me was the V90 drives for the motors, they can get pretty big depending on the voltage(400V or 230V) and the kW of the motors.

Nope,I have purchased the hardware of PLC already and have dimensions of it but I am confused about other hardware dimension so I asked about estimated size.
However, You have given me a good idea for placing the Din rails and making a layout for the things to place it on.
I will be really thankful to You for sharing the format.

By sharing the format, do you mean the CAD files?
Do you have Creo parametric or do you want me to convert to STEP files?

Which drives and motors will you be using?
I'm using:
6SL3210-5FB10-1UA0 v90 (+20bit encoder) 0.05kW
1FL6022-2AF21-1AG1 S-1FL6 servo motor (20mm shaft height) 0.05kW 0.16Nm
1FL6024-2AF21-1AG1 S-1FL6 servo motor (20mm shaft height) 0.10kW 0.32Nm

http://i.imgur.com/FSyc6eI.jpg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8pWijaQpVE3WjdjZG0xU1BLb1U
Above link is a .stp file which should be readable by most CAD software. It includes the a backplate of a cabinet 80x80x30 and most of the siemens components you will need I think.

Cabinet size is 80x60x30

For the KTP700 you will need to cut out a 197x141mm hole in your cabinet and you will need a 10mm clearance behind the KTP700 which is 39mm deep

Last edited:
0.3 KW Asynchronous motor (model is not selected yet)
0.3 KW Drive (model is not selected yet)

Thank You for sharing the information,It helped me a lot.

But I want an enclosure type box for trainer.
i have also attached the reference image having size

WxHxD=(530x370x160)mm

case_siemens.jpg

There are lots of different ways to drive the motors and communicate with the drives. You can use analog 4-20mA, profinet or Modbus.

The other questions is which parts are you going to put in the case and which parts will you have outside the case and have cables connected to?

You could have the drive and circuit breakers and stuff outside the case. Also check if you have an AC/DC/Rly PLC or a DC/DC/DC, the second type will need a separate power supply.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Check in your area for Siemens training, I have gone to a few here in the states that were free, they were just a one day class to introduce people to the product... they have everything you are looking for setup and you can take pictures and just copy what they have done, you will also get to meet contacts and learn some about the system while you are there, they also gave us free lunch :)

Their setups were very nice, remote and ethernet miniature machines setup with drives, motors, encoders, etc

Check in your area for Siemens training, I have gone to a few here in the states that were free, they were just a one day class to introduce people to the product... they have everything you are looking for setup and you can take pictures and just copy what they have done, you will also get to meet contacts and learn some about the system while you are there, they also gave us free lunch :)

Their setups were very nice, remote and ethernet miniature machines setup with drives, motors, encoders, etc

Dear Helpers,
Sorry for late sharing the success story of PLC Trainer

I Successfully Designed the SIEMENS PLC Trainer

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-15 at 12.03.09 PM.jpeg