Siemens S7 315-2PN/DP from RUN->STOP

FILIN

Controller 315-2pn/dp installed on the bridge crane. Sometimes (1 time in a week or often) change its condition from RUN to Stop mode.
I have attached the diagnostic file if someone could help please?

If you need any details please let me know

Regards,
FiLiN

You have something going on with the hardware with input addresses 2005 and 2006. You will have to look in your hardware configuration to see what is using those addresses.

I'm not familiar with how the hardware is layed out on those things, but if you can open the project, open the hardware configuration, and then go online, you will probably see some red x's on one or more of the components (those using addresses 2005 and 2006), You may even be able to get some information about what's going on if you can open the properties of any module with a red x.) It may not be real informative, something like communication fault, ...., it may not point you to the exact problem.

The reason that the PLC is going to stop mode is because it sees a problem with those two modules. When it sees the problems it requests block OB82 (a diagnostic block) to run. If that block is not present in the project, the PLC will put itself into stop mode.

An empty OB82 can be placed into the project, downloaded, and the processor will not stop on those errors; however, that is not the thing to do with real problems. OB82 can also be programmed to extract some information about what the potential problem is, but sorry, i have no real examples of that.

Figure out what hardware is using those addresses, check the cabling between the processor and that hardware. I wouldn't play with an empty OB82 on a crane, but if you do some searching you will find how to use it properly.

OB82 exist in the project. There are Moeller I/O modules In adresses 2006 and 2005. Can the bad contact in profibus connectors be the cause of the problem?

Last edited:
I'm confused about OB82 being present and the PLC going to stop mode.

Absolutely, Profibus cables can cause intermittent communications problems. If you have easy access to those modules, are they showing any faults when this happens?

When you start it back up does it usually run OK? If so, you might just want to start jiggling the cables a little bit at both ends to those modules to see if you can get it to fault, depending on how accessible they are and how safe it would be to do that.

(You'll probably get some better replies later. It's early early in the morning for most of the Profibus experts)

Restart helps. But today SF led hadn't turn off. Nevertheless PLS in a RUN mode and keep working.

My experience of OB82 events is that the I/O wiring to the module is intermittant, if the Profibus is intermittant then OB86 events are generated.

The diagnostic buffer posted does not show the plc going into stop so there are no associated events to tell you why.

You may be able to make the Diagnostic buffer bigger (its part of the H/W config for the CPU) so you may be more likely to catch the CPU stop.

Have you saved the diagnostic while the PLC was in stop mode? It looks like the buffer was saved when the PLC was in run mode.

Next time the CPU goes to stop save the buffer while the PLC is still in stop mode also go to Stacks tab and save the I-Stack.

Did you download the error log with the stopped PLC?

How long are the profibus cables and where do they run through? I've had an issue before that there was too much stuff on the Profibus network causing failures (althohgh no PLC stops).

Another thing to see is if the power to the modules is good and not flickering.

Did this started happening now, or is this a new system?