Siemens S7/TIA v16/WinnCC: Wall clock date shows "1/4/1970"...

Mas01

On the HMI-1200, the Wall clock date shows "1/4/1970".
How can I correct this? Can't seem to find where this date is coming from or how to change it. Time is wrong also.
Anyone know? Thanks

IMG_20230630_143200.jpg

EDIT: I notice you can toggle between "Output" and "Input/Output" for the date/time, but I don't want the operator to change the date/time. I just want it to be an output, thanks.

You need to close the runtime to enter the panel settings.

You can do this either by configuring a button to close the runtime or reboot the panel and catching it before the runtime loads.

Either set it through online and diagnostics or set the time in the PLC (which can do NTP servers) and set the HMI to take time and date from the PLC.

Then prepare to be frustrated that it's only showing the format as MM/DD/YYYY because the default language setting is US English.

Either set it through online and diagnostics or set the time in the PLC (which can do NTP servers) and set the HMI to take time and date from the PLC.

Then prepare to be frustrated that it's only showing the format as MM/DD/YYYY because the default language setting is US English.

Cheers thanks both.
Annoying about the date format, though.

You can make it an entry field just put it on a high level password for engineering, so only those who know the password can change the date & time, you will probably find that the clock is not that accurate anyway, I have seen HMI's where the clock gains/looses minutes a week so it makes sense to be able to correct it from time to time, some HMI's can sync from a server but I don't think you are connecting it to your network.
Not used the later Siemens HMI's but some also have an engineering screen you can access during runtime again make it high level acces so bubber can't get to it.

You can make it an entry field just put it on a high level password for engineering, so only those who know the password can change the date & time, you will probably find that the clock is not that accurate anyway, I have seen HMI's where the clock gains/looses minutes a week so it makes sense to be able to correct it from time to time, some HMI's can sync from a server but I don't think you are connecting it to your network.
Not used the later Siemens HMI's but some also have an engineering screen you can access during runtime again make it high level acces so bubber can't get to it.

Cheers for this. As pragmatic as ever.
LOL at "bubba"; that's the second time I've seen you use that term. It cracks me upšŸ˜†.

You can change the HMI language to English UK, so the date formate is dd/mm/yyyy FYI.

Just any texts you've already assigned to the HMI project will need to be copy/pasted to UK English rather than US English.