Siemens STEP 7 Lite

L D[AR2,P#0.0] vbmenu_register("postmenu_293965", true);

Using 313C with a thermocouple module added.

How else can I open it?

Is there a way to add logic to OB2 and just select what you want to be included in FC223?

I seem to be missing a key step here.

L D[AR2,P#0.0]

Just to be clear.

I am making a new FC.

Not editing an existing FC or your FC222.

It seems that I should first name the FC in the manager.

Make new object FC224

Then double click FC224 to open it in the block editor.

Add the ladder.

Then compile. There are several options after that, and I have yet to track down what each one means.

It has been a long day, I am sure I am missing somehting and I again thank you for your patience.

I am going home now, so I will not be around for a bit.

I will probably coe back here and read over the whole conversation a couple of times to make sure I got it all and give it a try again at home.

Thanks again.

Not clear at all. You should not be compiling.

I've created a new block FC223, then opened it in the block editor, added some ladder then saved it. That's it. Block created and ready to use.

f009.JPG

newfc223.JPG

Last edited:
You really need to get hold of the CPU, power it up and connect up to it and download some program so you can see the results of your programming.

Ah I see , my firstthought was to save as or just save , but somehting failed in that attempt and some how I got side tracked on the compile issue.

CPU is not available right now, but I don't think it matters at this point. I can't get anything written that even has a chance of working.

I have plenty of experience with hardware and I/O so I don't need the whole "watch it happen" thing. Once I get past the point where I can just get what is in my head into Step7 I will be fine.

No doubt there will be issues with timming and program flow, but for the most part I am not at the download point yet.

Thanks again, I will post later hopefully with much success.

Not mine ..........

This is kinda interesting.

https://support.automation.siemens....xtranet=standard&viewreg=WW&load=treecontent#

Thus in the y values there is always the result of the conversion. The x values are the known parameters in each case.

The four functions of the loadable library differ with regard to data types that are available for the y side or x side.
With the FC164 function the x values are integer numbers and the y values are integer numbers.
With the FC165 function the x values are integer numbers and the y values are real numbers.
With the FC166 function the x values are real numbers and the y values are integer numbers.
With the FC167 function the x values are real numbers and the y values are real numbers.

Notes:
These functions do not change the address register AR1/AR2 and for the FBD and LAD applications provide the ENO box in which the RLO = 0 or 1 in the BR bit is stored.