Siemens terminal blocks

Jim G.

What is the difference between Siemens terminal block 6ES7193-6BP40-0BA1 and 6ES7193-6BP40-0DA1?

Can they be used interchanged for an analog card?

Have plenty of one but need the other. In a pinch right now.

Thanks

6ES7193-6BP40-0BA1 is a dark baseunit. It takes 24V from the previous module.
6ES7193-6BP40-0DA1 is a light-grey baseunit. It interrupts the 24V from the previous module, and has terminals for connecting the 24V.
So when you need to isolate the 24V into groups, you add a light-grey base unit and places the dark base units that are to be supplied with the same 24V after that.

6ES7193-6BP40-0BA1 is a dark baseunit. It takes 24V from the previous module.
6ES7193-6BP40-0DA1 is a light-grey baseunit. It interrupts the 24V from the previous module, and has terminals for connecting the 24V.
So when you need to isolate the 24V into groups, you add a light-grey base unit and places the dark base units that are to be supplied with the same 24V after that.

One of the reasons you might need to do that is for isolation purposes. Another is that it maxes out at 10A, so depending how many outputs you have and how many Amps they supply, that may dictate how many power groups you need.

You can probably swap a light base unit in place of a dark one with minimal impact. Swapping a dark base unit for a light one could be risky (see comments about groups above). Either way, you would need to mark the change accordingly in the config in TIA Portal.