Simatic CP342-2 ASi Master Manual

YCB

Does anybody have manual for CP342-2 (6GK7 342-2AH01-0XA0) ???
When I look online all I find are manuals for CP343 (which replaced 342)...
I want to see differenes between those two modules...

This is for CP 343-2 / CP 343-2 P AS-Interface Master and NOT CP 342... That's the problem...

Thanks,

the reason why I want to compare those modules is that I'm wondering about intergration of IFM DTA100 RFID System (ASi slave) with old system equiped with CP342-2 (ASi master).

The problem I see at the moment is that old CP342 is supporting M0 (without FC "ASI-3422") M1 (with FC "ASI-3422") ASi profiles, while IFM DTA100 is working with ASi profile 7.4.

I don't know how about backwards compatibility with ASi profiles ? If there are any problems with such combinations ?

Hello guys;

Very sorry about the earlier link, but every link in the Siemens website that points to the CP342-2 manual seems to be redirected to the CP343-2.

I found the same link to product info on the CP342-2 that 504Bloke shows, but it is not very helpful.

However, this FAQ might help you in your original purpose, to see the differences between the 2 CPs: steps to replace a CP342-2 by a CP343-2;

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/19423255

Hope this helps,

Daniel Chartier

dchartier said:
Hello guys;

Very sorry about the earlier link, but every link in the Siemens website that points to the CP342-2 manual seems to be redirected to the CP343-2.

No need to appologize :cool: I had the same problem with Siemens support.
Now I'm looking for some extra information how those ASi profiles work.

Thanks for your help !!!

You are right, there are some very interesting information.
However for some of the topics I get ASP error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Object required: ''

/forum_display.asp, line 26

so I can not dispay the answers. It's a shame because this forum is really usefull!

I still wonder if ASi 2.1 slaves will work correctly with old type ASi master.
There was some 7 step method of sending more data over ASi.
Anyone is familiar with it ?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Hi again,

as I thought the simplest solution in integration of ASi 2.0 Master with ASi 2.1 Slave (analog data reading application) is to replace Master with ASi 2.1 version.
That was suggested by the spupplier I think we will do that.

However in theory it is possible to read analog (16b) data with old master. Is anyone familiar with algorith to od so ?
This kind of data acquisition will require several PLC cycles, but I don't know how Master-Slave communication should be handled.

Greeting!!