Simatic F systems

Hello Gambrinus;

From Siemens' support webpage:

Hardware and software components for building up and operating an S7-400F/FH system

QUESTION:
Which hardware and software components are necessary to build up and operate a SIMATIC S7-400F/FH System?

ANSWER:
For building up and operating an S7-400F/FH System, the following components are necessary:

Hardware components:
  • The error-proof and highly available S7-414F/FH resp. S7-417F/FH
  • Error-proof input and output blocks ET 200M including interface module for the local peripherial connection.

Engineering Software
  • Basic package STEP 7 from Version V 5.1 on with Service Pack 3
  • Optional package CFC ab Version V 5.2 and S7-SCL V 5.1 with Service Pack 1
  • Optional package S7 F-Systems ab V 5.1 with Service Pack 1
Runtime Software
  • For every S7-400F/FH - CPU, an S7 F-System "Runtime License" is necessary.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

If you are connecting a PC to it over ethernet, you will need a CP-1613 module. It handles the master/slave switch overs on a hardware level and only the master is passed through to the HMI software.

For S7-31x F you'll need:

'S7-Distributed Safety V 5.4' package and
'S7FConfigurationPack V5.3' or higher <-- this pack is
available here.

regards
Rolf