Simatic S7-300 & Op3 - Mpi

Mylo

Hi all,

Does anyone know whether it is possible to Monitor/Program the PLC prog thru the OP3 to the S7-312. As in all connected and PC attached thru RS232 port on OP3??

:confused:

Is there anyway possible to communicate with PLC and have OP3 Online with PLC at same time??

Mylo said:
Is there anyway possible to communicate with PLC and have OP3 Online with PLC at same time??

If you use MPI as Seppo states then yes that is no problem to 'communicate' with the PLC and have the OP3 online.

Paul

Mylo,

you can NOT monitor the PLC program, nor program the PLC with an OP. You can only monitor and modify variables. Different interfaces do not change this.

Kind regards,

jvdcande said:
Mylo,

you can NOT monitor the PLC program, nor program the PLC with an OP. You can only monitor and modify variables. Different interfaces do not change this.

Kind regards,

Jean Pierre

Either I have mis-understood what Mylo was asking when he wrote "Is there anyway possible to communicate with PLC and have OP3 Online with PLC at same time??" or you have, you are correct in stating that you can not monitor a PLC program with an OP (or program a PLC), and I am certainly not disputing that.

I have interpereted Mylo's second question as asking whether he can have the PLC connected to the OP (via MPI) and have his PC go online with the PLC also via MPI at the same time, in which case the answer is yes.

Maybe I have now mis-understood what you have wrote, in which case I apologise for the mistake.

Paul

Hi Mylo.

The answer is yes. You can conetting with your PLC by normal way, any problem if you have another PLC or OP in the same MPI net, only you need to indicate How PLC you like to conect, is meand the address MPI of PLC that you need. :p

Paul,

as I see it you can interpret the question from Mylo in three different ways:
  1. Can I monitor/change the PLC program with the OP3.

This is impossible as I answered.
  2. Can I connect to the PLC if my PC is connected to the OP and the OP to the PLC?

This I don't know. I am almost sure it is impossible with an OP3 because this is one of the smallest OP's available. If it is possible at all, it should be with one of the larger (more expensive) OP's, maybe even only with the Windows CE OP's.
  3. Can I monitor/change the PLC program if I connect my PC to the OP and the PLC by means of one MPI network.

This is surely possible. I did it on various occasions, but with S7-314 and TP170 or OP15.

[/list=1]
    I did understand the question as being version 1, so I gave that answer. I think this table is now complete. If not I welcome everybody to complete it.

Kind regards.