Simoreg F 30 fault

mhans said:
For 3 drivers all the U582 parameters are set to "2". I want to change this parameter to "1".

Siemens engineer said , he's not experienced about this parameter but it can be tried.

I want to try this.

What do you say ?

I say, the choice is yours, I am not going to tell you to do that. Changing this parameter tells the drive to display A030 as apposed to F030, you are obviously aware that the drive will keep running in this condition, this might cause you problems, it might not.

You can also turn off criterion 2 monitoring by changing U580 from 7 to 5, but only do this while you find the root cause of the fault.

The choice is yours.

Remember, these only MASK the fault not CURE it.

Paul

You just might have told us why you are having these problems.

A UPS does not output a sinewave, rather, its output looks more like a PWM pulse train similar to the output of a VFD.

Since DC drives usually depend on a reasonably clean sinewave to commutate correctly, the errors you see are to be expected.

If you must operate from a UPS, I don't see any other choice but to alter the parameter to alarm status from fault status.

I can't guarantee that, over the long term, there might be negative effects but, what other option do you have other than putting sine filters into the supply leads of the drive? Your boss won't like the cost of doing that!

Unfortunately , I must operate this electrical cabinet and these DC drives from an UPS.. Because even 100 ms electrical brake is not wanted in the process. My UPS is 400 KVA range and 12 pulse with %5 total harmonic distortion (current).

http://rapidshare.de/files/21142385/09-04-76A-028_REV1_Model__1_.pdf.html

In this link, there's a pdf file including one of the DC motor's electrical connection scheme. The other drivers' connections are the same way. There are filters in front of the driver's main 3 phase supply. But they're not sin filters, i think.

I'll get an analysor for monitoring the wave of the current and the voltage at the input of the drive supplies.

Now I'm thinking : This F030 fault occures for an instant. Maybe A030 can tolerate this fault.. But I don't know what happens when I set the A030 alarm. I don't know if the motors stop again when the alarm occurs.. But ı think, until finding the ceratin solution for this fault, it can be masked with A030..

mhans said:
But I don't know what happens when I set the A030 alarm. I don't know if the motors stop again when the alarm occurs..

mhans,

As I said in a previous post.....

plucas said:
you are obviously aware that the drive will keep running in this condition,

The drive will keep running in alarm situations, it will not stop.

Paul

PLucas said:
You can also turn off criterion 2 monitoring by changing U580 from 7 to 5, but only do this while you find the root cause of the fault.

Paul

All the U580 parameter at 3 drivers are set to 6.

At the manual , it's said for U580 :

1 Monitoring of the blocking voltage time area (decision criterion 1) is evaluated.

2 Monitoring of the current waveform (decision criterion 2) is evaluated.

4 Monitoring of the current maximum values decision criterion 3) is evaluated.

So, what is 6 mean ? what is 7 mean ?

Murat Han

Mhans

You have to think of it as binary....

0001 = 1 or decision criterion 1 is evaluated
0010 = 2 or decision criterion 2 is evaluated
0100 = 4 or decision criterion 3 is evaluated

You say U580 is set at 6

6 = 0110, so decision criterion 2 and 3 are being evaluated, criterion 1 is ignored

The default for U580 is 7 or 0111, all three are evaluated, if you do as I suggested and set it to 5 (0101) then it will ignore criterion 2.

Make sense?

Paul

I have changed the U580 parameter of the 3 DC drivers. Old value was 6 , I set them to 4. Waiting for the result..

answer suggestive

hi, only

you already solved your problem, with the answers that have presented/displayed to you, I have drives such simoreg and my process is equal
you have software already simovis of siemens, in display in which operating system I remain
reggards

israel cerzar said:
hi, only

you already solved your problem, with the answers that have presented/displayed to you, I have drives such simoreg and my process is equal
you have software already simovis of siemens, in display in which operating system I remain
reggards
Hi, Im facing the same problem,
The F30 occur very often also I got fuse blown.
The F30 occur often to full speed during fieldweakining.
The motors are very all
I have done the tuning.

The Simoreg CPP is optional? How can I know if i have this functionality?
Can you help me?

hi..

after changing the U580 parameter , no fault occured.. drivers are running healthly over 2 years..