Slc 1747-l511 5/01

baltikabear

Hi all,

I am very new to PLCs and i have bought myself a cheap training rig on internet to practice but i when in rslogix i cannot use the TON instruction , says timer not available with this processor ! can someone confirm this or am i doing something wrong. thanks

That processor should support "TON" timer instruction. It does not support a 1.0 second time base though. It only supports a .01 second time base.

I know it does give you the option to select the other two (1.0 or .001), but try the .01 and you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Check the error message carefully: it probably says "This timebase is not allowed on this processor."

In the SLC-5/01 controller, the only valid Time Base value is 0.01 seconds. This means that the Preset and Accumulated values will be in units of 1/100 seconds.

The later SLC-5/0x controllers have 1.0 second Time Base options, and the modern MicroLogix also support the 0.001 second Time Base.

thanks guys , yes good point , had i read correctly i may have solved it myself . the 0.01 makes it work fine. no doubt i will be back with more questions ! Never thought learning PLCs would be so much fun !