SLC 5/01 cpu to 1747PiC communication?

JEFFv

I would like to know why i cant comm. with the plc using
RSlinks vers#2.43 and RSlogix500 vers#4.5 running on winXP pro.

I see the 1747PIC at node 00, but dont see the SLC with either software.

How are you connecting the PIC to the PC, it will not work with an adapter, you need a true serial port.

If the PC does have a real serial port then verify RSLinx and the PC port match. Then verify that the PIC driver is installed and running.

rsdoran said:
How are you connecting the PIC to the PC, it will not work with an adapter, you need a true serial port.

If the PC does have a real serial port then verify RSLinx and the PC port match. Then verify that the PIC driver is installed and running.

Not to doubt your experience or thoughts, as I have never tried a PIC and RSLinx with an USB-serial converter. I have used such for hooking up to an Ultra series servo controller, to a Microligix 1000 with RSLinx and a couple other serial devices not related to controls/PLC. I have found that some of these USB-serial converters can be very fussy with the drivers they come with or the device itself, but I have never run into a situation wher eI could not use it. One such USB-serial converter I had to set up on a vendors laptop that came in here requires the laptop to be rebooted fresh each time the data recording module was unhooked and rehooked up to it. That was a cheap Radio Shack converter (Only one available locally that day.) THe drivers also crashed the laptop.

Again, I can not say that I have tried a PIC. Fortunately, both laptops I have at work have real serial ports.

Dale