Slc 5/05 1747-l552

Christoph

I have a system that was upgraded from an AB SLC5/04
to a 5/05 Ser C. Rev A. Opsys is OS501 ser c. Frn 11.
The E-net connection is slow as a snail. When I connect
with my laptop it takes up to 10-15 minutes. Have tried
10 and 100 mbps full duplex settings and even tried the half
duplex settings but can tell no change. Any ideas out there??:mad:

Well, maybe post a screenshot of the configuration screen.

Other than that, remove other variables. How are you connecting to it? Are you using a switch, a hub, or connecting directly to the Ethernet port? Are you plugged into that same switch/hub or are you connecting through a plant network. Have you tried using different ports on the hub/switch or tried using a different hub/switch. If you are using a hub, get rid of it and use a switch!

Is your RSLinx up to date? Version 2.55 is the current version as of now.

When you get online with the controller, what is the scan time?

OG

Don't use half-duplex unless you need it. It will slow things down considerably.