SLC 5/05 connection issues

Eengineer21

Hello, I am trying to get RSLOGIX 5000 in conjuction with RSlinx ver 2.43 to connect to our SLC 5/05 1747-L551, The person who had originally configured the connection no longer works here, and after he left one of the maintanence employees somehow deleted the program, so after it was reintalled we cannot connect to the SLC 5/05. I was wondering how it should be setup within the RSLINX and I was also wondering what EDS is needed to get rid of the unrecognized device error, I've downloaded several from the ab website with no luck. Thank you for any help you can give me on this.
Regards,
Eengineer21

that could be, but the engineer who originally programmed the plc used RSLOGIX 5000 to program it, would I still be able to connect and make changes with 500?

Unless Rockwell has added some new features, then it is impossible that the program was made with RSLogix 5000.

Anyway, you should be able to upload to RSLogix 500. But you will not have any comments or symbols.

rslogix 5 for PLC/5 family of processors

rslogix 500 for the slc and micrologix family

rslogix 5000 for controllogix family

to download or go on-line with a slc 5/05 you will need rslogix 500