SLC 500 Connection Issues.

LEO_1973

Hello All,
has anyone encountered the fault

" No Response From Processor At Selected Path/Node "

" Incompatible Processor "

It's on a SLC 500 that I have been using regularly. When I came in this morning and tried to connect, I get this little gem.

The set up I'm using is a SLC 500 with a 5/03 connected through a Hershman switch and AB ENI.
Thank You.

at first glance it seems that your PATH is set wrong ...

try going from the TOP menu of RSLogix500 > Communications > Who Active Go Online ... then "drill down" and highlight the processor that you want (hopefully it will be "active") ... then click the OK button ...

see if that helps ...

note that if you can't see the processor as "active" then you'll have to fix whatever communications problem is keeping you from doing so ...

I have gotten this error when trying to connect to a processor from RSLogix using a program that has been configured for a different processor. You could also have the key set to run, where it won't allow you to connect.

Does the processor show up in Linx?
Sparkie, you can connect to an AB PLC while it’s in run mode. You just can’t make changes or upload/download.

Thanks to all who replied,
I tried several things and finally had to just shut everything down and reboot. It seems to like that and is working fine now.

Mr. Beaufort, it is a privilege to talk to you sir. Personally, I have learned more, faster in your Youtube videos than I have in any classroom environment. Period. I hope to attend one of your boot camps in the future when time permits. Keep up the good work!

Thanks to all who replied,
I tried several things and finally had to just shut everything down and reboot. It seems to like that and is working fine now.

Mr. Beaufort, it is a privilege to talk to you sir. Personally, I have learned more, faster in your Youtube videos than I have in any classroom environment. Period. I hope to attend one of your boot camps in the future when time permits. Keep up the good work!

He does know his material quite well! My instructor uses his videos to help teach us!