SLC 500 No connection?

you know how the SLC port is configured channel 0

If it DF1 protocal use RS-232 DF1 Devices

If it is DH485 use 1747-PIC/AIC+ Driver in the Rslinx

Ok i pmed you back too. Ive tried both drivers and no luck i still cant connect. Im sure im missing something here but i sure dont kinow what it is.. I tried the 1747 pic aic driver yesterday and no luck then i hooked up to the P/V 600 and with that driver i was able to connect. Ill try again today.
Dave

A real serial cable.. 1747-cp3.. The number of the P/V 600 i listed the other day in this thread. the 1747 pic aic+ driver connects to the p/v 600 but i cant get that driver to connect to the slc 500. How about the topic configuration tab? do i need to set the processor and protocall there for the 1747 driver?
Dave

n8dc

you should try with 1747-PIC/AIC+ Driver in the Rslinx

the CP3 cable is connected between notebook & pLC?

try the same with another notebook or PC

Have you checked your cable pin configuration?

n8dc said:
A real serial cable.. 1747-cp3.. The number of the P/V 600 i listed the other day in this thread. the 1747 pic aic+ driver connects to the p/v 600 but i cant get that driver to connect to the slc 500. How about the topic configuration tab? do i need to set the processor and protocall there for the 1747 driver?
Dave
Not the cable, the port. Is it a real serial PORT or a USB to serial adapter? The 1747-CP3 will plug into either one...

Also, you managed to upload the Panelview program, correct? Post it. It will give us some insight into how the SLC is setup to communicate

Its a real serial port. How do i post that ??? what info do you need prom the p/v ??? It says dh485 treminal baud rate 19200 terminal node address2 and slc node address is 1 max node address 31
Dave

And what node address do you have for RSLinx ( your PC). Make it something other then 1 or 2.

FYI see PDF

Last edited:
Bingo.. I used the 1747 pic aic+ and had to go to topic configuration and the advanced tab and set the station number to 1..
That sure seems like a lot of work just to connect :) Anyway thanks for the help. I guess the next thing is go thru the program and figure out the switches and proxes and other goodies and get them labled so we know how to trouble shoot easier if we need to..
Dave

Next question.. Any way to look at the program for the panel view and the program for the slc 500 and decode a password for PLC Status? thats in the P/V it says it has a tag value of n15:0 if that meaqns anything..
Dave

Hummm i dont see a security setting.. This is a password to let you view the plc status thru the panel view..
Dave

Ken Moore is talking about the built in security features (password protection) that SOME panelview terminals have. If you don't see a security folder at all in PanelBuilder, your unit may not have this feature.

What you described sounds more like one that was home-brewed by the original programmer. If this is the case, then you will have to search for the address being used in hte PLC program to figure out how it was originally done.

You can open the offline panelbuilder project and open the screen in question, hover your mouse pointer over the item and it's PLC addresses should appear in the tool tip.

If they used a numeric entry for the password field, you will be concerned with the write tag which is written to the PLC and the display tag which is what will show up on the panelview screen...