SLC 500 + RIO Scaner - addressing problem

Because you did not post the actual program or the contents of the data files used to configure the module (N16:25 through :34), I can't say how the module is configured, so I cannot comment on that part of the configuration.

Change the DIP switch settings to Standard mode, and post the N16 file contents and we can do another iteration of this.

Since the contents of the N16 file configure the module, the module will not work correctly with all zeroes in the N16 file (it sets the channels to "Off").

In particular, the fourth word of the configuration block (N16:28 in your case) holds bits that configure the module.

The user manual for the 1794-IE4XOE2 module shows the purpose of the Full Range bits and the Configuration Bits. Since you are using 4-20 mA inputs, you want the Full Range bits to be zero and the Configuration Bits to be 1 for both the Input and Output channels.

These are bits 10 through 15, so set word N16:28 to the value of 1111 1100 0000 0000 (binary) = 64,512 (binary) to enable all the channels of the card for 4-20 mA mode.

we are using only three input chanels so i set bits 8 to 10 on 1, but nothing happens. It looks like we don't have connection to this module, because it doesn't refresh data.

Does it make any difference how we addres the buffer file?