Slc 500 rio

Rossell

I am getting an error on my 1747 - ASB that says NOC. I looked this up in the manual and all it says is no communication. Which I knew that lol Is there a more detailed description somewhere about what causes NOC to show on the ASB?

I am getting an error on my 1747 - ASB that says NOC. I looked this up in the manual and all it says is no communication. Which I knew that lol Is there a more detailed description somewhere about what causes NOC to show on the ASB?

RIO is a relatively simple beast. NOC normally means that a wire was damaged, once the system has been commissioned.

Walk the cable route and look for damage.

String a new cable, if this is reasonable, between that ASB and the next set of terminals that are connected. If that fixes it, you have confirmation that the cable is the issue

The other source that was common is static/lightning/power issues. The RIO port is not well protected. If you have a ground fault on a power supply for rack 1, but Rack 2 and Rack 3 don't see that ground fault, the voltage difference can exceed the isolation for the port and kill it. That requires a new ASB.

So I have this set up in my garage. Scanner and the ASB are 1 foot apart from another.

Here is the config

1747 - SN DIP Switches 01

1747 - ASB
SW1 11111011
SW2 01011101
SW3 11101001

82 Ohm Resistor on each end.
One end of shield terminated to ground