SLC-500 to Beckhoff/TwinCAT Conversion

The Commander

We are an OEM and been using the A-B SLC-500 for over 20 years but have decided to move to Beckhoff. We felt strongly that our software doesn't need a complete rewrite, but were reluctant to pay to have more than 4000 rungs converted by hand and then go through multiple test/debug/fix cycles.

We looked at subcontracting this work out in various ways and nothing satisfactory or convincing came back. [In retrospect, this would have been a good place to ask.] We then made the bold decision to write our own translator program.

Although it is perfectly adequate for our needs, there are limits as to what this translator will do. My question is whether anyone out there believes there is a market for such a tool?

As part of our investigation in the commercial possibilities of this tool, we would be willing to perform a trial translation (SLC-500 to TwinCAT 3) for a limited time for free, to select respondents of this message.

Please respond with your thoughts on this idea or PM if you would like to try out a trial translation.

Thank you!