Slc 500 to micro 830 plc

HI,

i am wondering if micro 830 using controlled components workbench has a way i can uttilize a TOF from an old slc 150?
In addtion If I understand correctly in slc150 RTO is a TON in 830 micro plc using ccw Finally short of having another slc 150 can I drag old program off e prom?

Thanks
Ron

Ron,

1. Yes, there is a TOF instruction available for the ML 830. Select a "block" from the toolbox and drag it onto your rung. Double click that block and select TOF from the list that pops up.

2. An RTO is different than a TON in that an RTO will retain its accumulated value when the rung goes false. A TON will reset when the rung goes false unless you add programming to make it function that way yourself. That said, you can download sample code from Rockwell that includes a user defined RTO instruction. See knowledgebase article #450811.

3. It has been a long time since I worked with an SLC-150, but I believe you'll need a controller to plug the EEPROM into to get the program out of it. You can then use a hand held programmer, and it will only display one instruction at a time. I would use it to draw the logic rungs by hand so you can see it all at once, and then write your new logic for the Micro 830. There was software and an interface converter for the SLC-150, but I never used it. Regardless, there is no conversion utility I am aware of.

Hope this helps.