SLC5/03 comms problems

Rich19

Hi I'm trying to communicate with an SLC5/03 with a 1747-CP3 SER A RS232 cable. Even moved the jumper inside the module from protect to program but with no luck. anyone had the same problem ?

Move that jumper back to protect. Its for firmware loading.

What driver are you using in RSLinx? Are you using a USB to serial adapter? What comm port is it using?

The serial port on your SLC5/03 can be configured for DF1 ( default) DH485 or ASCII protocol, do you know how it is configured?

Do you have the offline file? If so take a look at how the port is configured.

If you can post the file here and someone can help you look. Zip the file first.

Last edited:
Hi Mickey,
The Plc is on a working mc that seems to have a fault so no offline file. I am using AB-DF1-1 driver on comm 1 with 1747-CP3 cable. I'll move the jumper back aswell.
Thanks

What happens when you click "Autoconfigure" in RSLinx?

Is/was there any thing connected to the serial port?

Are you using a USB to serial adapter? If so what comm port is the adapter taking?

Make sure you configure RSLinx for the same comm port.

Hi Mickey,
Managed to get hold of a 1747-UIC adapter and using driver AB_UIC DH485 on comm7 i was able to get straight online swapped an output to get the m/c back up and running.
Many thanks for the advice.

Hi Mickey,
Managed to get hold of a 1747-UIC adapter and using driver AB_UIC DH485 on comm7 i was able to get straight online swapped an output to get the m/c back up and running.
Many thanks for the advice.

Thanks for the feedback. Using the 1747-UIC means the serial port is configured for DH485 protocol. ( if you connected it to the SLC's serial port)