slc5/03 fails to retain memory

jlash

hello, i have a slc5-03 that is failing to retain the program on power loss. i have installed a new battery and the jumper on the board is set to program. i do not have an eeprom installed. prior to yesterday, the cpu would retain the program.. i am not sure what would cause this change...

The J-4 jumper on the board is the firmware protection jumper and should not be moved unless you are updating firmware. The SLC should not be affected by that jumper position.

If the battery is good, the other known common cause of your symptom is often a failing power supply. I think if power drops off too slowly or rises too slowly, this can cause a memory corruption and the SLC will erase its user memory.

Similar Topics

Hi there. I have sent an EPROM to a customer with a minor modification. Upon installing the EPROM, the CPU fails. Unfortunately, the customer...
Replies
Views
I have wasted a week trying to figure out how to connect an SLC5/03 with my laptop. I do not have and can not Buy the 1747 UIC and PC3 cables. I...
Replies
Views
I am trying to connect to SLC5/03 using an FTDI usb to rs232 with female to female converter at 1 end... however I can not connect to it ... the...
Replies
Views
Good evening. I am in serious need of help. I am trying to connect a Panelview Plus 7 Standard to a SLC5/03(1741-L531) using a Moxa MGate...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am having trouble establishing comms between an slc5/04 and panel view plus 7 via a PLX51-net-eni. The set up is: 5/04 Channel 0 DF1...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom