SLC5/04 AI Configuration Change

SCRUFF

It's me again and I apologize for the questions? I currently have a SLC 5/04 w/ a bad I/O point on the AI Card that is already designated for this specific Flow Transmitter.

I need to change the current AI Point to a spare point on the card and DO NOT know how to do it. Can someone PLEASE HELP me out ASAP???

Thanks...

What you need to know is which Input memory word corresponds with the apparently defective channel on the module. Step 1 is finding out what kind of analog input module you have. If you can't remove it or don't have a label inside the door, look in the RSLogix 500 I/O configuration for the slot it's in.

SLC input memory is addressed by Slot number. If you have, for example, a 1746-NI4 module in Slot 2, the input addresses for the four analog channels are

I:2.0 Channel 1
I:2.1 Channel 2
I:2.2 Channel 3
I:2.3 Channel 4

You'll need to do a search for all the references to the existing channel, then edit all those instructions to refer to the new channel. That's a lot easier offline (there's a search/replace function), but can be done online too.