Smith Meter S-Mass Pak Talk Software

enaq

Is anyone here familiar with the S-Mass flow meters from FMC/Smither Meter? I am looking to interface with the "MicroPak" transmitter module through a program called "PAKTALK" that would have been supplied on a "diskette." It should be a partially command-line utility.

Otherwise, I am open to any and all suggestions to communicate over RS-232 with this transmitter module. What are some things I could do over Putty, for example?

Thanks,

-Tim

Tim, did you ever find a solution for this? I have 4 of these to work on in the near future.
Thanks!
No, I never managed to communicate over RS232 since the only one I could interface with was installed in the filed and needed to immediately be re-wired into a new control panel.
I found out the pulse output was sinking and needed a pull-up resistor to +24V. Output 3 is the same way as the "zero status" signal, but isn't enough to drive a DC relay. It also needs a pull-up resistor appropriate to the PLC or controller input.
In my specific case the pre-programmed scalar on the smith meter was 113.64 pulses per pound.
KbVNUrf.png