Software Training reimbursement

Good morning and thanks for the replies guys.

So far they have respected my denying to sign the agreement. I have a good working relationship with my boss and management.

My boss mentioned to me yesterday that in the 22 years he has been in his position he has only seen two people with the skill level and drive that I have.

I did not want to get a big head, but the problem with this company is that the turnover rate is pretty big and we are constantly losing good engineers to better pay.

What I am trying to say is that this company only wants to pay for enough skill and drive to get by, no more.

I mentioned that I have goals for my family and myself and that I would do whatever it takes to achieve those goals. That is where my drive comes from!

My skill level and experience has grown exponentially in the last five years. I mentioned that sometime in the future we will have a crossroads where they need to decide if I am over qualified for this position.

That crossroads may come in 6 months or 2 years, I just don't know yet. I do realize that I have to be willing to walk!!

zmanvortex said:
Good morning and thanks for the replies guys.

So far they have respected my denying to sign the agreement. I have a good working relationship with my boss and management.

My boss mentioned to me yesterday that in the 22 years he has been in his position he has only seen two people with the skill level and drive that I have.

I did not want to get a big head, but the problem with this company is that the turnover rate is pretty big and we are constantly losing good engineers to better pay.

What I am trying to say is that this company only wants to pay for enough skill and drive to get by, no more.

I mentioned that I have goals for my family and myself and that I would do whatever it takes to achieve those goals. That is where my drive comes from!

My skill level and experience has grown exponentially in the last five years. I mentioned that sometime in the future we will have a crossroads where they need to decide if I am over qualified for this position.

That crossroads may come in 6 months or 2 years, I just don't know yet. I do realize that I have to be willing to walk!!

Do you tell them EXACTLY like in this quote. Often people are descent humans and there action about business is just what it is, a "business decision" no hard feeling attached. They could likely understand your fellings and go halfway with you on many issues.

Open up.

Well, I'm for one glad to see that you and your management are seeing eye to eye, whether they agree or not. I'm a little luckier than you in the fact that I only have to stay for 6 months after each class. It's not six months for each class. I only have a month or so left. Don't get me wrong, if a new chance had opened up I would have walked. Like I said before, I have a few aces left to play, but it is looking like I won't have to. I can thank the lack of good jobs in the area.

I agree with Steve, it is a policy that shouldn't be around, which is why I didn't sign my agreement at the beginning. Our HR is outsourced so I got by undetected. (One of my aces.) I also know in our policies book it states that policies can change so I have to be careful.

Good Luck with yours.