spare parts for old production lines with S5

Hello,

the parts are no defective. it is spare only for spare. then we dont have trouble when we need a part quickly.

no codesys, no upgrade!!! how to upgrade without comments and symbolic in the program??

regards

People are suggesting that you upgrade to an S7 system because you complained how expensive the sites suggested were. Simply the S5 is now really old so getting spare parts is very difficult (when something is difficult that usually means its expnsive too). Really outside of the sites suggested thats all your going to get, with old parts you will probably have to take them from where ever you get them Australia/USA/Europe/The Moon :ROFLMAO:

We had an issue with an old part and we had to buy the part in australia (were in Brazil) so probably the furthest distance possible.

If your stuck with S5 then its a case of take what you can get or upgrade.
Sorry if that sounds harsh but thats the way it is these days.

Regards
Ian

Hello,

how to upgrade without comments and symbolic in the program??

regards

You can still upgrade without the symbols and comments, it just becomes more expensive. Someone would have to spend a great deal of time and effort reverse engineering the machine to make new symbols and comments.

I've done many upgrades over the years (not any more!) and it is very common for people to say that they have n o symbols or comments. When it is explained that the cost will double without symbols and comments then often they can be found.

I understand that you don't want to upgrade but it would be possible and as previously stated, upgrading one machine only could provide the spares for the other machines.

Nick

no codesys, no upgrade!!! how to upgrade without comments and symbolic in the program??

By PAYING somebody to do it. I did it several times, even without source code, only by analyzing machine.

I know sad many times no upgrade, but believe me it is better and cheaper at the end....

Equipment you have listed cost over 120,000.00EUR. Believe me, for that money, I would change it with new Mitsubishi or Modicon state of the art equipment, with MUCH MUCH MUCH better capabilities.... new SCADA included... and all that in your country...

A comment, a machine running on S5 should have been upgraded in a timely manner 10 years ago. 5 years ago would have been cutting it short. Still running today and you expect it to run 5 years more, AND you have not thought about spare parts before now.
Talk about timely precaution.

There are plenty companies that buy and resell S5 spares. Just search the internetz for "Siemens S5 spare parts" or "Siemens S5 refurbished".
But ... they know how to charge !! It is also a bit risky because electronic parts age even if they sit on a shelf. Buying the parts listed and putting them on a shelf for later use is no guarantee that they will actually work when they need to.

Have bought some S5 stuff on ebay, but only for a test rig, not for real use.

I absolutely agree with JesperMP.
Furthermore, price is always dependent from demand/offer ratio, and there is bigger demand than offer for S5. Consequence is that parts are charged almost like newer model complete units.
Also rare are the ones who have all components and they charge it heavily.
And if you buy from different sources, who will guarantee you in reality anything?!

In most cases you can make analogy with cars and PLCs... You can have excellent car, but after certain period, with all maintenance, you still need to buy new one, because old one is not reliable enough, safe enough and it is less economical.

But in your country, like in my country, people don't understand it, and are still driving 20 and more years old German cars, and you have auto-mechanics workshop on every 100 meters...

Hello,

the parts are no defective. it is spare only for spare. then we dont have trouble when we need a part quickly.

regards
By analysing the functionality of old system (Realworld + software) and rewriting the funstionality of old system to new platform. You may call it ie. re-engineering, reverse engineering or migration process. The process contains all of them in some extend no matter what. :eek:

If my teachers memory did work correctly VIPA have made S5 compatible parts. Now it seems that it do not make em no more. www.vipa.com

Hello, we have received several old production lines and have not enough spare parts for it. Now I am looking for the following parts:

6ES5 135-3UA11 2x
6ES5 135-3UA31 1x
6ES5 946-3UA21 2x
6ES5 947-3UA21 2x
6ES5 948-3UA21 2x
6ES5 308-3UC11 2x
6ES5 420-4UA14 7x
6ES5 441-4UA14 7x

6ES5 700-3LA12 2x
6ES5 951-7ND41 3x
6ES5 945-7UA23 2x
6ES5 308-3UC21 2x
6ES5 430-7LA12 6x
6ES5 451-7LA12 6x
6ES5 306-7LA11 4x

I would be grateful for offers and information.

regards

Take a look here:
http://greenmatic-eshop.dk/index.php?group=3
Or send an mail to
[email protected]

This is where I usually find S5 parts. If they do not have the spare part, they have knowledge of where it might be found.

parts

hello,

thanks for the answers and links. i got some prices but they are over our limit.

Hello,
are you still searching for? Most of them i can provide you.

plaese for reference give me the price for 6ES5 948-3UA21 and 6ES5 945-7UA23.

regards