spare parts for old production lines with S5

parts

i have buyed a lot of parts on ebay verry cheap. **** for parts dealer! your prices are more then 2000% a have payed!

Good for you. That's free enterprise at its best. You waited, and waited, and waited, and finally got your bargain.

At least you know where to go in future...please!

G.

Yes y you ou got a deal on ebay. But they have no warranty and no guarantee of working when you get it. The guys on here have checked things over I bet. Also you had down time and lost
money over it. Had you bought the more expensive Parts you wouldn't have had down time and u would have been further ahead. Also why did you need 6 or 7 of 1 card for spares. You don't need a replacement for every single card... just 1 or 2 of each should have been good... Also you said ebay was out of question at the beginning so the people here gave you many other options. Don't like it get lost.

This guys ^&*% attitude is nothing new, in fact I wonder if he's maybe an accountant instead of an automation guy.

We have five old S5 systems at my plant (plant is only 15 years old, so we probably got the last batch of machines with these!). Previous systems engineer also put it in the too hard basket and we have a box of spares bought off E-bay from several years ago as the only contingency. I have no idea if any of them even work, I've only been there just over a year and I'm not game enough to swap out cards to see what happens!

After spending a week translating the old dot-matrix printout of the program from german to english and figuring out how the machine works, I put a budget request forward of $200k to do the 4 machines, and another 60k the next year for the "master" of this system (4 x turbo compressors with a central controller).

The accountants were horrified, and offered me $40k (i.e. not even enough to do 1 properly). Out of interest, I asked Siemens (their compressor package) to price up the same job. Cost was over $650k, which was to be expected when you've got to fly a couple of engineers out from Germany for several weeks.

So now I sit, and almost hope that one dies. I'll be ringing the accountant if it does and ask him how he proposes to operate the machine manually 24/7 while I get a panel built, which will of course take several weeks at best.

Penny smart, Pound foolish.

Hello,
I'm from Romania also.
I had in the past the same problems and I solved them.
Send me a private message. I can give you a Romanian contact, who can help you.
BR,
Boros

Yes y you ou got a deal on ebay. But they have no warranty and no guarantee of working when you get it. The guys on here have checked things over I bet..

Not that I am defending him but your statement is not all true, there are several dealers such as myself ( my ebay store ) on ebay and we do test parts and offer a guarantee, I offer 60 days money back on everything, lifetime replacement on my cables and 1 year on our repairs

When I quote a job I will offer the customer new or used prices on my integration jobs, I did a install last month and used a 'used' 1756-L73 and saved them thousands on just the CPU

Like I said I am not defending rm091268 as I think they need to change their thought process and be grateful that people are willing to share ideas and help

--------------------------------

George, Lektronix is a good customer of mine :) they buy about once a month, more AB parts then anything, I ship to Bridgend office

i have buyed a lot of parts on ebay verry cheap. **** for parts dealer! your prices are more then 2000% a have payed!

I would ease up until you try them and are sure they work.

I have bought some sweet siemens paperweights off ebay too!