spare parts for old production lines with S5

You keep amazing me with not understanding how old and obsolete S5 is. Its like u (ur company) bought some machines becouse they were cheap and did not take into account what is in there to run them.

I keep wondering also how u think u can pull out of ur head some price that is out of real world for S5.

You keep amazing me with not understanding how old and obsolete S5 is. Its like u (ur company) bought some machines becouse they were cheap and did not take into account what is in there to run them.

I keep wondering also how u think u can pull out of ur head some price that is out of real world for S5.

It seams like he got the catalogue for 1990 for those parts and said "Thats a fair price" and wont accept that times have changed.

As was said at the start of this thread the cheapest solution to this is probably to reprogram one of the machines in S7 (or move it to AB or some other modern PLC) and use the parts left over for spare parts. But apparently thats not possible.

Lets see what happends once one of the machine actually stops working! How quickly the pieces will become "cheap" compared to the downtime.

ich pay 3500€ for both with 2 years warranty. Of this we both have something. I have spare parts and you must not dispose of the parts. Actually, it's electronic waste.

regards

After this post I think that you are very aware of price, and you don't need real help from colleagues, because there is not on earth electronic waste, which has weight less than 2 kg, that costs 3500€. You are just searching for a good bargain... there is site for that and it is called E-bay!

price

hello,

yes we got the machines cheap. and now i search for cheap spare parts. the line must produce 4 years. the contracct for the produced parts is not longer. there is no reason to update (S7). we need spare parts. but all offers are much to high.

regards

yes we got the machines cheap. and now i search for cheap spare parts.
They say "in life you can't have it all". This is one of the cases on which this saying could be based. You can try living with it or you can die whining about it. It's your choice.

Last edited:
please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, we had a storm and now the following is defective:

6ES5 951-7ND41
6ES5 945-7UA23
6ES5 308-3UC21

Please Help!!

Ain't irony a b***h!

Usireland said:
...Lets see what happens once one of the machines actually stops working! How quickly the pieces will become "cheap" compared to the downtime.

Tick-tock, money on the clock.

Are you now willing to pay the going rate, or are you still hunting for a bargain?

I'm not laughing at your situation, but this should be a valuable lesson for the future, perhaps even priceless?

We use "run-to-failure" a lot where I work, no real maintenance during downtimes, and very few critical spares. It goes against my better judgment, but it's usually out of my hands. Often when something "runs-to-failure", we cannot "run-to-stores", but instead, "walk-to-plant-manager", and explain how a couple of grand, spent a year ago, would have prevented the now "thousands-per-minute" downtime we are experiencing.

We still have some S5 in service, and actually have a pretty good new and used inventory of spares. We are slowly migrating them out for AB. Our original owners had all old Siemens gear, but the latest US Multi owners are hardcore AB all the way. We ripped out another couple of old machines recently and retained the S5 parts for spares. We were just editing a bit of code last week using the old PG 720. Great fun!

Anyway...

A very good company we regularly use for legacy Siemens and AB parts is Lektronix. They have access to a huge global repository of Siemens and AB products new, used and refurbished. They also provide an excellent repair service, with a free evaluation. Depending on where you are, they do "Repair and Supply" or "Repair only". They do "Repair and Supply" for Romania as it happens...

Lektronix -
Find a Branch

In Romania -
http://www.lektronix.ro/

Search Results -
6ES5_951_7ND41

6ES5 945-7UA23

6ES5 308-3UC21

You will have to request a quote for these items. Try and be realistic this time! It's not electronic waste you are buying.

Although, I'm sure the downtime has brought crystal clarity to the cost factor at this stage? Hopefully.

Regards,
George

parts

Hello,

i wait in ebay for cheap prices. I do not want to do with money-hungry used parts dealers shops.

my limits (with warranty):

6ES5 951-7ND41 150€
6ES5 945-7UA23 200€
6ES5 308-3UC21 250€

regards

I think you are totaly out of line. You want to run your cheap machines to make profit. I guess spare parts vendors also want to make profit.
I guess you cant tell them how much to sell. If you dont want it dont buy it. I hope your not the desiscion maker where you work.

I think this thread should be killed. We should stop trying to help somebody who doesn't respect others time and profit.