SST-PCI-5136 Card Help

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello guys,

I've been given a huge task to accomplish, Basically I have to update our old Wintelligent View HMI computers to Wonderware for our secondary treatment operation. The HMI Program itself is quite large and will be a huge undertaking. The current HMI computers run on Windows 95 which means they are really old and becoming increasingly unreliable. What I would really like to do is build a spare computer so in the meantime while I'm building the new Wonderware application I can have a available spare to replace a computer if it crashes.

The current Wintelligent View application communicates to Allen Bradley PLC 5 and SLC 5/04 processors via Ethernet and DH+. I'm trying to install a SST-PCI-5136 Card to my computer so I can communicate to the SLC 5/04 processors via DH+. I have to create a new driver on Wintelligent Linx to accomplish this. After I installed the software onto my PC and looked in device manager under industrial network adapters I verified the device is showing up and working properly as you can see in the picture "WINLINX5".

I am trying to configure the new driver for the card in Win Linx and I'm using the "SS Technologies 5136-SD to DH/DH+" driver. When I click add new, a menu appears for the driver config. After trying to enter the Node ID of 66 (which I know is an available node), I get an error msg. I took a few screen shots which might help someone to assist me in this. My thoughts are I'm missing some sort step where I entered a memory location or something. I also do not know what to put in the drop down menus for "Board Addr:" and "Port #:" Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks. Tex

WINLINX1.jpg WINLINX2.jpg WINLINX3.jpg WINLINX4.jpg WINLINX5.jpg

A mix of information and speculation

The original 1784-KT and 1784-KTX cards, as well as the original 5136-SD cards, were ISA style cards.

Those required manual configuration where you would tell the driver what memory location they'd been configured to use, and then manually set up your extended memory drivers in DOS (or Windows 95/98) to avoid that memory location. It was tricky stuff.

But it looks like you have a 5136-SD-PCI card, which of course fits in a PCI slot instead of an ISA slot.

I don't know if those old WinLinx drivers are even applicable to the 5136-SD-PCI card.

Google found the user manual, but my quick look at it shows only Windows NT/2000/XP information.

http://www.molex.com/webdocs/mysst/...-PCI 5136-SD-PCI Hardware Reference Guide.pdf

Do you have one of the existing computers with the same card, from which you can examine the configuration ?

Check also in the Ports (COM and LPT) section of the Windows Device Manager to see if the 5136 card has been given a COM port number. I know that some of the old DH+ card competitors basically emulated a COM port and let you use the 1770-KF2 driver.

seeing as how I know I wont be able to figure this out. I do have a new Equustek DLPCIe - DF1/DH+ card. This works on the RS232/DF1 Protocol drivers. This is also a much newer card and hopefully can be compatible with WINTELLIGENT LINX comms drivers. Have you ever used one of these cards from Equustek?

Sparky,
Is the new computer still a Win 95 box?
If yes, how does the configuration of the config.sys and autoexec.bat files compare to the originals?

You ought to be able to get the Equustek card working on an XP box.

Maybe those are what I'm remembering; they show up as a COM port, so you use the DF1 Full Duplex driver set for "1770-KF2" device mode.