Step 7 hardware config

sheldon

Hi guys.
I am trying for the first time to configure my Step 7 hardware settings.I was successful as far as placing some of the io modules into there racks,that went OK. The problem came about, when I tried to locate and install the profibus remote unit the "IM 153-2 module", I cannot seem to locate that module no where in the catolog. I saw an Icon labled IM 153-2 but apparently that is not the module. Can anyone help me with the procedure to locate and install this module in the plc rack?

Last edited:
You should be able to find several IM 153-2 modules in the hardware catalog under PROFIBUS DP ... ET 200M

Maybe your STEP7 version isn't recent enough to have the ET 200M range.

edit: Oh, and you have to click that icon IM 153-2. Then a whole range of modules will be displayed. You have to know the exact order number f.ex: 6ES7 321-1BH50-0AA0 for a module with 16 digital inputs.

Last edited: