Studio 5000 add prefix to all tags

What I try to do in the PV+ world is have a test PLC with the program in it that my programming PC can reach via Ethernet. Then I use the tag browser to drill down to the tag I need. Even if you only do that a few times to get the syntax right, it's helpful.

Id still use the Tag export/import feature for this.

Export the csv/L5X then in excel use the '=CONCATENATE(' function to prefix all the tags in one go from each PLC then import each back into the new PLC

Similar Topics

Hello Everyone, I have about 135 controller PIDE loops that I need to add to my Studio 5000 and that means I will probably have to create about...
Replies
Views
Hi All, On my site, the standard template for storing recipes in the PLC is to create a tag called PartRecipe which is an 2D array - for example...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to add Rung Comments or Tag Descriptions when creating rungs with a text file? I think not but just checking.
Replies
Views
Hello, I just installed Studio 5000 V34 and when I try to create the project (with Compact logix Cpu), I get the below picture error message. I...
Replies
Views
Can you add a MicroLogix 1400 to the IO Tree in Studio 5000? I can't find an entry for it or anything that is 1762 for that mater. I just want to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom