Studio 5000 download and licence transfer

doomsword

I'm gonna be doing my first project with Allen-Bradley PLCs and I've got a virtual machine with Studio 5000 installed.
Since I don't have enough space on my laptop after I while virtual machine becomes too big and I cannot work with it due to lack of hard drive space. So my idea is to get an installation of Studio 5000 and install it on my host computer, that will speed it up and save my hard disk space.
So, is it possible to get a legal download from Rockwell and to transfer a license from my virtual machine to an USB or similar and use it on my laptop? Is this legal to do?

I noticed that for AB PLCs firmware seems to match a programming tool (does this mean you shouldn't always get a newest version as older firmware versions will be unsupported??), so I also need to download a correct version of software, which seems to be v31? PLCs used in this project are 1756-L82E ControlLogix 5580.

You can rehost the activation from your VM on the AB site, then you can get activation for your new machine with the serial number and product key