Studio Designer 5000 re-install

Tomo453

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, I recently tried to install FactoryTalk View RT ME v11 on a Windows 7 laptop running Studio 5000 versions 20, 21, 24 and 30. The FT installation installed FT Linx. The Logix Designer then would not connect to any controller because RSLinx was no longer there. I attempted to remedy the missing RSLinx by uninstalling the V30 of the Studio 5000 and reinstalling it such that RSlinx would be installed along with it. I received notification that a newer version of RSLinx enterprise was already installed. The long and short is after the FTLinx was uninstalled (by uninstalling the FT View), the v30 of logix designer would not reinstall from the original "DVD" media that had been downloaded in 2017 or 2018 before I began work here. Rockwell no longer provides this version for download, but I can download v31.02. My question now is will my activation be legitimate if I download and install v31.02. I have since installed RSLinx Classis Lite, and v20,21 and 24 are working so far (I have one controller left to connect to). I see that there are some projects on my desk top that have whited out and will not open. Also, can the FT View be installed without this conflict. Am I missing something here? Any direction would be helpful, thanks in advance.

Hello, I recently tried to install FactoryTalk View RT ME v11 on a Windows 7 laptop running Studio 5000 versions 20, 21, 24 and 30. The FT installation installed FT Linx. The Logix Designer then would not connect to any controller because RSLinx was no longer there. I attempted to remedy the missing RSLinx by uninstalling the V30 of the Studio 5000 and reinstalling it such that RSlinx would be installed along with it. I received notification that a newer version of RSLinx enterprise was already installed. The long and short is after the FTLinx was uninstalled (by uninstalling the FT View), the v30 of logix designer would not reinstall from the original "DVD" media that had been downloaded in 2017 or 2018 before I began work here. Rockwell no longer provides this version for download, but I can download v31.02. My question now is will my activation be legitimate if I download and install v31.02. I have since installed RSLinx Classis Lite, and v20,21 and 24 are working so far (I have one controller left to connect to). I see that there are some projects on my desk top that have whited out and will not open. Also, can the FT View be installed without this conflict. Am I missing something here? Any direction would be helpful, thanks in advance.

The license would work as long as you have a techconnect contract, or have a license for a further version.

FTLinx was introduced around 2018, so even V30 released before that time is not compatible with FTLinx, and only works with RSLinx Enterprise.

I would suggest suggest getting a more recent CD(Might be for free from your AB vendor) or just an electronic software delivery if you have techconnect.

The license would work as long as you have a techconnect contract, or have a license for a further version.

FTLinx was introduced around 2018, so even V30 released before that time is not compatible with FTLinx, and only works with RSLinx Enterprise.

I would suggest suggest getting a more recent CD(Might be for free from your AB vendor) or just an electronic software delivery if you have techconnect.

Thanks, I will get with my vendor. I suppose it is time to get that tech connect contract. I was unaware of the potential conflicts on this one. Release notes, Release notes. ;)