Studio5000 : Source Protection / Source Key

OWEN.DAVID

The programmer and user/operator have different access requirements to a project.

We would like to generate a few different keys and share one project file and the correct key to the different stakeholders.

Is this approach possible?

Such that one project would have a 'programmer' all access key, and a 'operator' view but no edits key, for example? Then we would send down the project and operator key to the laptop on site.

Or do we have to have create different versions of the project each protected with their respective keys?

I guess this boils down to if we can have one project and several associated keys or if we need a new project for each key type.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?

We have ordered the CMusb dongles as a next step but wonder if we can use the source key in the meantime?

Thanks all!