Summer Semester PLC Labs

I have read the labs and your teacher is forcing you to learn by trial and error.
that's the way we all learn this job, simple tasks first, then develop more complicated programs.

I wished I had a teacher like yours.

this course covers a lot of practical applications and you will be a better programmer for it by doing the labs. start with simple tasks and develop more complicated tasks on down the road.

many of us have programs that will take several hundred pages to print out that entails multiple work stations, multiple plc racks, and several thousand rungs of code. we got to this point by learning simple tasks first and building on that.

often times we get the customer requirements and have to develop the sequence of events (your labs) from scratch and then write the code.

regards,
james

plcn00b,

welcome to the forum.

No offense, but as posted, everyone learns by trial and error.
how else will you learn.

In regards to doing your homework, companies usually charge $80-$140 per hour for our services.

how else will you learn if we do your homework for you?
when you get into the real world, how do you hope to do your work if you never do your homework? your boss will find out real quick that you don't know anything and out the door you'll go and soon everyone will know your reputation.

james

I have to start charge more :ROFLMAO:

This made me giggle a bit...

Besides the fact that it is extremely unethical, the amount of money you offer is ridiculous. I wonder what kind of program this is?

Lol - I guess I don't have to worry about a new generation of programmers taking my job any time soon.

Edit: Your loss, but make it $10 per lab and I'll bite.

Last edited:
I did lab 1, 3, and 4 already because I have a PLC textbook that covered it. The rest are alien to me and the textbook. I am working full time right now as an electronics technician so no time for trial and error and the class ends in 2 weeks.

No idea why the electronics degree requirements need PLC but my guess is the college's focus is broad-based learning, "just in case you might do PLC in the future" yeah ok. -____-

When I see posts like this, it makes me shudder to think that this is the mind-set of students today. Not all students, but for many, maybe even the majority.

and also the mindset of people wanting lots of money instead of helping someone. I'm not here to "buy" homework. It's a donation because I'm gonna learn from copying someone's work. If I wanted an easy way out by "buying" or cheating then I'd pay the PLC technician that works at the factory I work at instead and he creates large programs with subprograms included in less than 2 hours for a cheaper price compared to the ridiculous deals some people here are demanding though his price is still a bit more than I could afford. He doesn't have time to teach someone but he would do the labs for money like the people here.

SOMEONE HELP!:unsure:

SOMEONE HELP!:unsure:

They are helping you, but you don't seem to understand the help you are getting. The people here are some of the most knowledgeable people in the the control industry, and they help people like you and me everyday for free. In return they want you to show an interest, and put forth some effort on your own. Unfortunately all you have done so far is to complain that it is to hard, and you don't have the time. The only thing that surprises me is that the response from the members here has not been much harsher. You have been given great advise from some serious industry professionals, and it really is in your best interest to follow it. If you get stuck, please come back and ask for help. If you do come back looking for help, be prepared to show what you have done so far, and ask specific questions about what you are stuck on. If you do this, these people will go to amazing lengths to help you, but if you are just looking for someone else to do the work for you...:cry:

Best of luck,
Bubba.

as far as i can see, you had 20 lab classes (maybe in 10 days). So, how long was your complete course, maybe 10 weeks? Couldn't you ask your teacher for help during this time?

I am working full time right now as an electronics technician so no time for trial and error and the class ends in 2 weeks.

So are most of us. Many of us run businesses and work extra hours already to keep our own commitments to clients and our families.

You've made a commitment to study. I suggest you honor that commitment, or find another line of work or study that is not as demanding.

PLC programmer > Electronics tech when it comes to pay. Think about that.

You wont be learning engineering by copying. You learn copying. That is totally different. In today's world, automation and electrical engineering intersect a LOT. There really should be basic understanding of both for all professionals.

Those labs look like really good ones. I think i will send that to some teachers I know.

But you need to really think about your attitude on learning, I would not ever want to work with person like you who don't want to use his time at all to find & understand.