Summer Semester PLC Labs

I can guarantee with your attitude you will never master anything. The amount if manhours these people devote to this site is staggering and if were billable the price tag would be huge.

No one here wants or asks for money they do this to improve the quality of programmers and share their hard earned experiences.

I am sure they would still be willing to help you get an A if you show interest and are willing to put in the same amount of effort you have done alienating yourself.

Or this is an extremely late April fool's joke

Let's pretend someone on the forum said yes and did the work so you could copy it. You get an A. The management at work thinks you really know your stuff. The plc tech is out of work one day and a newly commissioned machine goes down. They need it running. They come get you. Hurry we need it running. You make some changes. It seems to work. Your our hero of the day. You walk away feeling great until you see management and supervisors running toward the machine you just fixed.

People can get hurt or worse.

Because of you guys, I'm at least going to get a D. Luckily it's a passing grade in the state's accreditation board. I don't ever want to be a PLC tech but once I have enough time, I will master PLC and I'll make sure to reciprocate the treatment I got here towards future students or prospective hobbyists. I will dangle the solution in front of their faces and ask for an insane price for it. This place gave me the first impression of PLC techs and so far the image is money hungry.

Email notification disabled. Enjoy gossiping. 🍑

It's because you couldn't be bothered to do it that you got a D. I never agreed to do your homework for you so there's no way I am responsible for this in any shape or form.

If you really wanted to master PLC's you wouldn't be here asking for people to do your work, you'd jump on the opportunity to get your feet wet and get help from very experienced people in the forum.

What I find funny is how can you not see how much of an advantage it can be for your future to know how to work with PLC's, especially if you are working in electronics.

I really wonder does he think that we will be missing him? Like he contributed something to this forum... (other than nice labs) ;)

I think this is what is commonly known as "burning one's bridges".

And quite possibly in ways he simply can't comprehend...

I see this in other technical forums like Arduino, AVRfreaks or my country's programmer forum and time and time again the people in that forum are the actual teachers that post assignments and then monitor to see if they can figure out which student is asking for someone to do their homework.

It wouldn't surprise me if his teacher is lurking around and, by his demeanor and attitude online, has figured out who he is.

Typical, OFF I GO TO ANOTHER PLC FORUM!

One day, when you're all grown up, I hope you come to realize exactly why you received the reaction you did here at the forum. The type of work we do is literally life and death. A mistake with an interlock or a missed permissive can cause machine motion at an unexpected moment. It's not a game. It's the very reason that our labor is worth so much, and why we all work so hard to learn and improve ourselves. If your chosen career path requires you to learn the basics of PLC programming and we help you cheat your way through, any damage you cause in your ignorance could partially be blamed on whoever helped you avoid gaining the necessary skills to assume the position you're targeting. It's nothing personal.

But with your attitude, all I can say is "Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya." Hopefully, you find the same amount of "help" wherever you search, and if you decide you want to actually tackle these assignments with some intellectual honesty, feel free to come back and enjoy the amazing resource that this forum is in the way it's supposed to be enjoyed. It's an invaluable source of help to myself and others like me who are just starting out in the PLC world.

Last edited:
plcnoob,

please understand what we are telling you.

every year we get please help me requests from students wanting us to do their homework when they haven't even tried to do it. we will help if you put forth some effort. When I was a teachers assistant at a university, I saw students in class just to get the grade and forget the class. they said they will never use the class. each time they were wrong.

at my current company, we have laptops with $10-20k in programming software loaded on them and there are multiple laptops.

as was pointed out by LoganB, this can be life and death situations, so you need to think and figure it out.

believe it or not, everyone on this forum has touched your family in some way.
the forum members are OEM's, systems integrators, contractors, and work on boilers, waste water treatment plants, manufacturing facilities, pet food plants, food processing plants, ammunition plants, and the list goes on and on.

Good luck with your career from all of us.

regards,
james