System Platform 2020 R2 - Data Change with OR Expression

Tanquen

Why can't you use a data change with an OR expression.

Like Tag1 OR Tag2 Or Tag3? It kind of works but unless a make three data change scripts it's inconsistent.

Tag1 OR Tag2 will do a bitwise Or of the two values, and look only for changes in these.
So if Tag1 is currently 2#1111_1110 (254 in decimal) then only changes to the first bit of Tag2 will be detected.

The use of three change detections is correct here.

I was using 4 tags and they are all boolean. There is no way to make it work? Like: (Tag1) or (Tag2) or (Tag3) or (Tag4)

Just seems odd to have 4 or 5 or more scripts that are all the same because you can't put more than one tag in the data change expression.

Computers... o_O

I'll give that a try. I've done stuff like that in the past for color or visibility expressions.

Doctor, the issue is that the result of ((Tag1 OR Tag2) OR Tag3) OR Tag4 only changes it's value when they either become all off, or become no longer all off.

He has
][ OSR ( )
][ OSF
][
][

when he needs
][ OSR ( )
. OSF
][ OSR
. OSF
][ OSR
. OSF
][ OSR
. OSF

You will just have to imagine where all the lines should go

Ich weiß es nichts; I have thick skull today.

Does OP want a one-shot when any one of the TagN values changes? Or when any one has a rising edge?

Or are they looking for a flip flop, that toggles when any one of the four change?

Last edited:
Ich weiß es nichts; I have thick skull today.

Does OP want a one-shot when any one of the TagN values changes? Or when any one has a rising edge?

Or are they looking for a flip flop, that toggles when any one of the four change?

It's to run a script on data change. So if any of the tags change their value the script should run.

This seemed to work:
Tag1 + (Tag2 * 2) + (Tag3 * 4) + (Tag4 * 8)