Temperature Monitoring

Jon R

I am looking at monitoring the temperature inside a PLC enclosure to feed back into an HMI, but I haven't used thermocouples/Pt100 before. Heater/fan switching is going to be done by normal thermostats.

I have looked at the price of both and Pt100 sensors are more expensive than than thermocouples. Is there a reason for this, and which one is the preferred solution?

I don't need any great accuracy just to provide a temperature that I can use as an alarm trigger in case of the fan/heater failing and the temp going out of the desired range.

Jon.

Hi Jon,

We've used these before - i think they were approx £30 ish...

We've sent them on the outside of our panels to several African locations to monitor the plant room they were installed in.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I'll have a look at that it certainly seems a neater solution than a bare probe.

Jon.

Jon R said:
I have looked at the price of both and Pt100 sensors are more expensive than than thermocouples. Is there a reason for this, and which one is the preferred solution?

Jon

I uploaded a temperature sensor comparison table here