Testing Transducers

Thanks for the info. If i had unlimited money the fluke system looks really good. The SI unit with the hand pump would be OK as well as it is a digital readout of pressure. I will have to google the slack tube unit from Dwyer and check it out.
Regards. Alan

I use one of these:

http://www.druck.com/usa/portables-new.htm

You need to figure out how accurate your calibration needs to be before you buy a calibrator.

Accuracy will grealty affect the cost.

Calibrator Accuracy= Process Gauge accuracy X multiplier, at the desired calibration points.

I believe the ANSI standard multiplier is 4.

I can not say I have done exactly what y'all are talking about BUT I have "cheated" on test methods due to financial situations etc.

I have in many situations setup a non-portable test station that I would use to calibrate devices THEN use one of the calibrated devices to verify if another one is within working calibration.

In worst case scenario I just replace the device with the recently calibrated unit then test the old one in the shop, if it works ok then when needed I calibrate it and do the swap again.

I know this is not the best method but with it has worked for me in many situations...it just depends on circumstances. One of the biggest issues can be the power source variations involved, just a few millivolts difference can make a difference in the calibration. NOTE: In my case most of the time it was in-house per se so I did not have to travel long distances carrying the item.

ANOTHER option is look into remanufactured meters, fluke services meters then resells them usually at 25-50% of full retail and include a warranty. Ametek and others may also offer similar.

Check pricing etc but even if you bought one from ebay or similar and it needed servicing/re-calibrating then you may obtain what would work for you at considerable savings.