the worlds best and most famous PLC

elevmike said:
Who's Keith?
Keith Richards of course - don't tell me you never heard about that!

elevmike said:
So just to end the mystery Pierre Trudeau was the very flamboyant PM of Canada (two stints for a total of 16 years), who plunged Canada into a HUGE debt, dated anything with two legs, and married that cuite young thing named Margret, (who really love to shop, and get around). These two were a paparatzi's dream, and seemd attracted to the scandal sheets. Maggie finally dumped Pierre after a while, and he was finally dumped by his party also... I think he died a few years ago..
Maggie was about 30 or 40 years younger than him.
Two of their children were born on Christmas day - what were they trying to tell us??

Ken M said:
So anyway. Three PLC engineers go to a bar for a drink. The bill comes to $30 and they each chip in $10. The waiter takes their money and goes to the till. At that point he realises he has overcharged them - the bill should only be $25. As he goes to return their $5 he decides to cheat them. He explains that the bill should only have been $27 and gives them all $1 back and pockets the remaining $2.
So the thre guys have each now payed $9 ($27) and the waiter has $2. But that only makes $29 - where's the missing $1?

Ken, So I've got 4 engineers losing sleep tonight over this..too funny. Anyway if the bill was supposed to be $25 then 25/3=$8.333 each. The waiter gave them back $1.00 each so they each paid $9.333 * 3 = $28.00.

LOl are we still on the $27.00 thing!!

Its all in the wording! if you word it diferently it works out..
I will reinforce whats already been said..what kind of engineers only have $30.00 bar bill????

I've heard stories about guys using Coke to loosen up piston rings rusted to cylinder walls after a motor has sat for too long. I've also heard the 'takes the rust off a nail' story. Your esophagus didn't stand a chance.

Just for a change this one does not belong in the realm of the urban myth.

I put in a process control system at ICI America in Hopewell, Virginia in '70 - '71 and stayed to look after it and train the ICI people for the 1 year guarantee period. When I came back I brought a second-hand disk-valve Kawasaki 250 back with me (they weren't available in the UK at the time. Taking it apart to do a complete rebuild, I discovered the piston rings were stuck solid. After struggling for about a week to free them, somebody told be the coke trick. So the pistons went into a glass of coke overnight. Sure enough, next morning there were the pistons sitting there gleaming like new and the rings so free I could remove them with my fingers.

Rod said:
The BEST PLC is the one that hasn't been invented yet!!

If Apple Computer decided to enter the field, then - - -

You can guess where my prefrences are.

Rod (The CNC Dude) <- FORCED to use Windozzzze
Hey Rod, I just found a good use an Apple Computer... ;)

beerserver_s2.jpg

🍻

-Eric

If money was not a factor, then I would choose Allen-Bradley almost every time. AB and Rockwell are the Cadillacs of PLC and Automation software. It does cost about a zillion times more....but if you have a complex system with lots of motion or communication issues, then I always use AB. The #1 factor in my choice of systems is communication. If you don't have comms, then you don't have anything. And if you don't have to program too much to configure comms, then you're in high cotton.

But for simple applications with standard IO, simple HMI requirements, and limited comms, then I use the budget PLCs with cheap components and free, unlimited liscence software like Toshiba, etc.

$

RMA said:
Just for a change this one does not belong in the realm of the urban myth.

I put in a process control system at ICI America in Hopewell, Virginia in '70 - '71 and stayed to look after it and train the ICI people for the 1 year guarantee period. When I came back I brought a second-hand disk-valve Kawasaki 250 back with me (they weren't available in the UK at the time. Taking it apart to do a complete rebuild, I discovered the piston rings were stuck solid. After struggling for about a week to free them, somebody told be the coke trick. So the pistons went into a glass of coke overnight. Sure enough, next morning there were the pistons sitting there gleaming like new and the rings so free I could remove them with my fingers.

Only problem was that the gudgeon pins dissolved as well .