Thermistor configuration in TM221 PLC

riz123

I have TM221CE40R controller along with TM3TI8 temperature module.

Temperature sensor we are using is Thermistor with below part no.

AXIO Annicom : AX-TE-IT 10K3A1
Honeywell : PF20-65-2M NTC 20K

But I am not able to understand what setting I need to do in channel configuration to get proper values.
I tried different combinations in Minimum and Maximum values but its not getting resolved.

Kindly assist me to configure this thermistor in PLC.

1. active or passive?
The Axio spec sheet says that 'active' has a transmitter that converts the raw sensor signal to 4-20mA (current); passive is the raws sensor signal (resistance). Your file name says 'active', but your part number for the Axio is for a passive thermistor.

Are you sure your sensor assembly is really a passive resistance and not an active 4-20mA signal from a transmitter?

2. pg 100 pdf, https://download.schneider-electric...=EIO0000003131.01.pdf&p_Doc_Ref=EIO0000003131

Thermistor-and-T-C-table-for-TM3-2-hi.jpg

I do not know what Schneider's configuration method is, but it appears that you configure either NTC or PTC,
and one of the thermistor parameters (configuration per channel):
R: 0...65535 (1 Ω /LSB)
T: 1...1000 (1 °C/LSB)
B: 1...32767 (1 K/LSB)

3. What is not obvious is how the input knows whether it is a 10k or 20k or whatever, nor how one reconciles a 2400 part resolution over a specific -90 to 150°C span.

Hi Danw, Thanks for your reply. I am trying to configure my sensor as NTC. But I tried with PTC also. But my measure issue is how to scale it. Means what parameters I need to put for channel configuration to get proper temperature value...