Thin small tape for panel layout

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
Since a few here work with control cabinets and design I need a hint on where to find thin long lastning tape that I can tape on a panel front to make lines and shapes. Having a hard time searching when I don't know what it's called
/Tim

Look up automotive pinstripe tape maybe. I just looked it up on Amazon and found various sizes from 1/4" to 1/16" of an inch (~6mm to 1mm).

we had a cad library of multiple products made for components that were to scale. we laid out the panels with those components and drew the dimensions for the panel builders. 99% of the time we had all the components to mount so we placed them on the panel as a verification.
james

What automotive pinstriping tape. Easily found in any automotive bodyshop supply OOPS way late!!

We used to do the same as James, although using CAD and a library of our own components layout was easy but sometimes it was easy to print out the component shapes & stick them to the backplane, it was easier than relying on the panel guys to get it right..