Ti-545, 555, 565 & 575

Follow the link I posted earlier, it gives all the specs on the 505-CP1434-TCP

We have a bunch of the CP1434-TF Sinec H-1 network cards
Copied from the above mentioned link:
As a matter of fact, since the 505-CP1434-TCP is a derivative of the 505-CP1434-TF, customers with existing H1 modules who now wish to switch to TCP/IP, can have them re-programmed by Siemens to operate exactly as the 505-CP1434-TCP at a fraction of the cost of purchasing new hardware.

CP1434-TF to a TCP

Ken Moore: YOU RULE!!!!

Thanks for the input on the conversion to TCP. I know there are at least 25 of the H-1 cards setting out there on machines with nothing to do. This may make a very simple sell to management to get their data collection back on-line.

I guess I get to grab some more books and learn TCP.

Let the beer flow, it is the end of my 12 hours!!!!!!!!

How old are TI PLCs?

The company have some 560T-2820, 545-1101, 1102, 1103 (programed with TISoft), and a couple of Simatic 330-37 (with a some sort of handheld or keyboard). I'm not sure, but I believe that they were installed in early 90's, nobody wants to deal with the oldies PLC TI/Simatic... you know they don't have the fancy RS-stuff :p Only a few of us(in the company) know that they are still there doing thier jobs.

Who is first, Koyo SR21, Gefanuc series One or TI 305? series one became TI 305? when?

Originally posted by kc9ih in july 2004: ...Take GE's Series 1, they introduced it in 1983. It was actually a Koyo SR21 in a black case (rather than yellow). While GE doesn't sell them anymore, Koyo (became PLC Direct, now Automation Direct, still sells them, now as the 305 series). Texas Instrument called their version the 305 series, and Siemans called theirs the Simatic T1305 series...

Originally posted by pressgrove in june 2003: ...The GE Series 1, the Texas Instruments TI305, and the Koyo SR21 are also 100% compatible with the Automationdirect and the Siemens...

What do you think about this:

-GE Fanuc takes Koyo SR21 PLC, in 1983 an call it series one(yellow case to black case).
-TI call it TI 305 in 1989(light grey case).
-Siemens call it Simatic TI 305 in 1991(dark grey case).

Anybody knows when TI introduced the 505 series, an the 560T-2820 CPU? and When siemens introduced the 545-1101, 1102, 1103 CPUs?

Our company built about 20 machines for
South Korea and Taiwan from 92 thru 98.
All of them had TI 545 PLCs. They were
supposed to get S7-200s. But everthing
worked out for the best. The TI's programming instructions are very powerful
once you learn them. I would take a TI
over any Siemens S7 model....

I like the TI505 too- but have any of you actually used the S7?

I dont just mean ladder logic- I mean using SCL, CFC or graph. There is no way the TI is more powerful than the S7. The S7400 can do a load of processes. Especially chemical.

Lets here some real examples

Hi guest

And where do you think Siemens got their implementation of SCL, CFC and Graph from?

If it's software you want to talk about, I've mentioned it before and I'll mention again - A P T. TI's greatest contribution to control engineering. Good as the 545/55 are, they are mere hardware compared to this magnificent piece of software. Shame it was allowed to wither as a DOS-only application.

Regards

Ken.

I have a pleasure to occasionally work on a 10 years old TI 555-1101 system. Previously with a 565 model on a batching system. Absolutely NO hardware problems in all these years, TISOFT 7.1 worked flawlessly, used a lot of Special Functions, liked isolated analog I/O.

Will never forget this platform - a TRUE PLC!

PID LOOPS

As much as I use these PLCs I feel bad asking this question, but here goes.
After all of the discussion on this forum lately about PID LOOPs I decided to set one on a test rack. I entered all the parameters I thought were needed but can not get a working LOOP. I found an old program, written before I arrived that had a PID LOOP in it and loaded that onto my PLC and it does not work either.

LADDERS = RUN
LOOPS = RUN
LOOP MODE LOCKED TO FOLLOW LADDER MODE
RAMP/SOAK is ENABLED
LOOP is ENABLED

In the program I installed, they used V197 as the Process Variable and WY19 as the Loop Output Address. No offsets and everything else looks okay.
When I check the status of these words no matter what I change V197 to, WY19 stays at 16000. I even forced a different value into WY19 and it will return to 16000 when I Unforce. I can not locate V197, or WY19 any where else in the program, SFPGMs or Sub routines.

Can someone show me the direction I need to go. I have been burning braincells trying to figure what I am doing wrong. I can not find an instruction to go to the Loops and since they are programmed to follow the ladders should not they be scan after the the ladders?

This is just a testbench practice but I do not like a program beating me. Someday I will probably need this knowledge.

In order to put the loop into 'automatic' you have to set bit 2 of the Loop V-Flag. Bit 1 = 1 = manual (you can only control the output variable), Bit 2 = 1 = automatic (you can only control the setpoint), Bit 3 = 1 = Cascade (let's not go there).

Once you've set bit 2, the setpoint should change to be = process variable. So to see a response immediately you would then need to change either the setpoint or the process variable value.

Tom

To expand on Tom's answer, you can check bits 4 &5 of the V-flag to see the state of the loop:

Bit status
4 5
0 0 in manual
1 0 in auto
0 1 in cascade

And just to be safe; the specific loop is enabled isn't it?

Ken

An after thought, what processor and software are you using?

Last edited:
Real TI User

I would consider myself to be a real TI 555 User.

I have under my control 14 TI 555 plcs ranging from 1101 - 1106 along with a number of other plc's such as PILZ and AB.

They are controlling the manufacture of Cement.

I now use softshop to do all of my TI programming.

They are a great PLC and are very easy to programme.

Thanks Tom & Ken

I probably should have started a new thread with this one.

I am using Ver 7.0 and the processors I tried were a 545-1101 and a 555-1105. No luck getting it to run. Same results.

Then 🙃 I inverted MSB and LSB and all is working like it should!
I can not believe I missed something that simple.

Now I am going to play with this program and see what it can do. Anyone have any interesting ideas that you have done before with unexpected results? 📚

Thanks again!

Just a couple of things that may be helpful; some of these items were difficult for a few of our electricians to grasp early on.

1. You don't have to specify literal addresses for things like 'remote setpoint', 'process variable address' or 'loop output address'. There are nemonics (sp?) that you can read / write for all of these; and you can do that as either an unscaled integer or as a real number.
2. We normally bypass the default bumpless transfer operation of the loop; that being when you place the loop into automatic that it takes the PV as the new SP. What we (and I suspect most people) do is to select 'SP' in the field for 'special calcultion on'. Then in the next field you specify a restricted SFPGM to use for this operation. So then when the loop is executing, before it performs any logic regarding SP, it runs this SFPGM. And then in this particular SFPGM you equate the loop SP with the address that you are using for the SP. Therefore, if you're getting a SP from an HMI you keep it; as oppposed to losing it and haveing the PV be your SP. And then if you haven't specififed an address for the 'remote setpoint' you can use the loop nemonic, such as

* As an unscaled integer
MATH LSP1 := V1000
* Or as a real
MATH LSP1. := V2000.

Just a word of caution to make certain that if you are performed mixed mode mathematics operations that you are sure that you've put the proper format of the value into the loop register.

This is some really cool stuff, I could go on forever talking about the TI505.

Tom

Great Timing Tom

Your last reply could not have come at a better time. I am down to only a few normal color hairs left. The grey ones are taking over and I am pulling those out.

Where did you come up with the fact that the PV over-rides the Remote Setpoint? I was constantly getting a reset of the output value and I figured it was calculating the distance to PV and then accepting it the result as true, (after about an hour of substituting varying values) but I could not understand why.

I tried, as you suggested the LSP1 in a SFPGM1 and it works great.

Where did you learn this? I had read the manual several times trying to locate the LSP but can only find LPV.
Manual Assy # 2586546-0051 section 7-43 of the SFPGM.

I am doing my homework, but I guess I flunked this Chapter.

Is there another manual, we have several, that I should be reading.
Any special tutorials out there, or is it just live and learn?