Ti-545, 555, 565 & 575

For future reference, FasTrak SoftWorks, Inc. fully continues to support and service, and add functionality to the 505 WorkShop software for the Siemens Simatic 505 TI. We created the SoftShop product for Siemens, and it has since been renamed to 505 WorkShop. I think some of you would be very surprised at the number of very large TI users still out there. We have several thousand licenses of 505 WorkShop at user's locations that we actively support. For further information on 505 WorkShop feel free to contact Jim at FasTrak, or go to our website: www.fast-soft.com

We find that the TI users are some of the most loyal PLC users around.

TI Simatic 505/545 Software

I have a Simatic 505/545-1104 that I have removed from service, I need to access the logic in order to write a new program on a different PLC. Does anyone know of a demo version of software that I can use only to view and possibly print the logic.

Thank You
Ron

There are no demo software packages that allow you to go online with the processor. If the plc has been removed from service, and the battery is dead, you will lose the program anyway.

If you have an off line copy of the program, I can print it out for you in pdf format. The offline copy would be best, as it would have the comments.

Ken,

I don't have an offline copy, however I was able to download a demo version of the software from fasttrak that allowed me to go online and print the program. I have documentation for all the inputs, output and registers so I just have to match up my register values. Thank you for the reply.

Ron

simatic 545

my current plc simatic 545 has a system memory of 192 KBytes
and ladder memory 59 KBytes

How Can I increase these memories?

Old post alert

By plcduck...
my current plc simatic 545 has a system memory of 192 KBytes
and ladder memory 59 KBytes

How Can I increase these memories?

Welcome to the forum!

The easist way I can think of is to change the processor card to a different one with more memory.
Another option is to review the entire ladder to see if something can be eliminated or re-written to use less memory.
If you zip and attach the files to a post, perhaps some of the programmers here could look at it and offer suggestions for re-coding the ladder.

Last edited:
Hello ^plcduck;
You cannot change the size of the overall memory of your CPu; you should change the CPU to get one with a larger memory.
What you can do with TI PLCs is configure the available memory to change the size of, say, the ladder memory area.
Have a look at the chapter on TI 505 memory configuration in the following TISOFT manual for examples and suggestions:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/US/view/en/10953133
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier