TIA Portal HMI Proxy PLC System Diagnostics

Yo!!!

I have a weird one.

I am drawing a simple HMI for a machine to allow the maintenance team to calibrate a scale without needing to get the laptop out. HMI in TIA V16, comfort TP700, PLC IM151-8 in Simatic Manager. V5.6 (newest HF)

I have added a proxy PLC and the connection is working just great for the calibration process which interfaces to the user program. However, they asked to see the PLC diagnostics on the screen. No problem I shouted! There is a built in function for that in TIA WinCC. However, it doesn't seem to do anything at all... just shows nothing. I have tried turning on "Report System Error" in simatic manager with no change. I have a 1200 PLC in the area and this works just great if I add it to the HMI... However this is TIA>TIA.

I am out of ideas. Everyone else on the internet seems to have posted "Thanks I got it working" without actually saying how...

Anybody got any ideas? Thanks in advance. If you need more info let me know.