TIA portal, problem upgrade project to newer version

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I have had problem with upgrading some projects from v16 to v18. I tried it on 3 diffrent computers.
I want to post this so that anyone that might encounter the same issue get a hint on how to do.

Solution: I had to archive the project in v16 and then open the archieved file in v18 and it worked.

Hope it can help someone

/Tim

When you archive a project, there is an option to discard recoverable information.
That sometimes clears up inexplicable errors. I have at a few occasions solved a problem by archiving and then retrieving the project back to the same TIA.
Maybe that is what helped in this case.

I haven’t seen that …. Yet
Did you get an error?
Yes, Upgrade failed. For more information, see the log file. If the project still cannot be upgraded. please contact Siemens Customer Support."

Reorganization failed in IntegrateFilePhase! RootCause: ReintegrationResult: Failed! Reason: It could not exchange the files, ErrorDetail: StorageController.Exchange: IOException occured: System.IO.IOException: Det går inte att skapa en fil som redan finns (translate to you can't create a file that already exists"

I messaged Siemens, sent them the project and they could open it in v18. But that was because they got the archieved file from me. And then they asked me to reinstalls and what not. Eventually they wanted me to do several very long and time consuming tasks, reinstalls, firewall and what not.

But then I came up with the archieved solution
When you archive a project, there is an option to discard recoverable information.
That sometimes clears up inexplicable errors. I have at a few occasions solved a problem by archiving and then retrieving the project back to the same TIA.
Maybe that is what helped in this case.
It could be, who knows :)