TIA Portal Upload from Device Question

ian.smith7

Hi Guys
In a TIA Portal (v16 and v17) project where there are numerous Siemens G120 Inverter drives in the IO tree all being controlled via enet/profinet, I know that the drives can be configured by Startdrive from within the TIA project and the drives accessed individually to upload the parameters.

If the 'Upload From Device' (Hardware & Software) button on the main menu bar is used does this upload ALL parameters from ALL the G120s and save them with the project?

Does the same apply to the HMI in the project IO tree? ALL screens, tags etc uploaded with the 'Upload From Device Button' (Hardware & Software).

I am just trying to confirm that any changes to an Inverter or HMI in the IO tree, made by an OEM during remote access and not using our Field PG panel, would be captured by our usual backup process.

Any advice or insights would be appreciated
Cheers
Ian

The toolbar button is context sensitive and only uploads from the device that has focus (you have clicked on it in the project tree and it is highlighted).
I don't think you can do more than one device at a time.

The toolbar button is context sensitive and only uploads from the device that has focus (you have clicked on it in the project tree and it is highlighted).
I don't think you can do more than one device at a time.

oh good point. I think you can shift click to select multiple devices, but the upload button doesn't automatically do EVERYTHING, you have to upload each device individually.