Time isn't on my side...

H2OTom

Howdy! I'm trying to figure out some issues with time.
I've got a ControlLogix running a flow totalizer (FIT_4520_TOT) that was setup to reset at 23:59:59. We use VTScada and read the current flow, current total flow, as well as yesterday's flow. All of my PLCs are syncing time and the grandmaster syncs to a GPS NTP. My SCADA servers all sync to the same GPS NTP.

The problem that we're running into is that the totalizer is consistently resetting at 23:59:55 and not 23:59:59. This causes multiple entries on my historian to show up for the previous day. See the attached for the raw data as recorded by my VTScada Historian. This is making reports difficult.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Time.JPG

Last edited:
can you show the PLC code that is supposed to fire at 23:59:59?

how often does the PLC sync its clock, and at what time(s) of day?
_