Toggle from floats to DP

Charles7111

I am writing a program for a training course to use floats to control the inlet and outlet valves on a water tank. I've got the program done to use the floats to open and close the valves, but I need to figure out how to write in a toggle feature to be able to switch from the floats doing the work to a DP. There will be two buttons on the HMI to accomplish this, but I know there is a lot more in the ladder logic that needs to be added. Any help would be appreciated. Programming system GE Proficy 7.0, GE VersaMax Nano/Micro PLC, and GE view panel HMI.

Hello, to ensure I understand what you need. You need to edit a program (which platform?) and modify an HMI program to add the newly edited program too, correct? If so we do need more info. A copy of the program in PDF would be a first step. With clear instructions as to what you want added. I for one know someone on this forum can help point you in the right direction.

OK here is what I have so far. The parameters of the program are: Water tank 5 feet, 4 floats, inlet valve (air to close), discharge valve (air to open), DP to measure level (Yokogawa), float 1 will open the inlet valve to begin filling, floats 2 and 3 will be used to open and close the inlet and discharge valves as the water level goes up and down, float 4 will be for a level safety high alarm only. I will need to be able to toggle from the floats controlling the inlet and discharge valves and the DP controlling them. Let me know if you need any additional information.